Wilanow Palace and Gardens
Wilanow is called a jewell of Polish baroque architecture. It`s a former summer resort of king Jan III Sobieski, one of Europe`s greatest military commanders.
The complex is located in southern Warsaw, quite far from the downtown. Thus, the tour will commence with collecting you from your accommodation in a comfortable car or minivan.
First we will tour the Palace:
– original, 17th century royal rooms, richly ornated in baroque style
– secrets of royal bedrooms, that made king Jan and his georgeous French wife the most famous couple in Polish history 😉
– unique collection of Roman antiquities and European painting
– the Gallery of the Polish Portrait, presenting the most interesting figures in Poland`s history from late 1500s until 1800s
– the Potocki family apartment, which hosted some 20th century political leaders, i.e. Charles de Gaulle and Richard Nixon
Second – the gardens:
After visiting the Palace, we will take a stroll in the park. It comprises gardens in a number of styles: a two-level Baroque garden, a neo-Renaissance rose garden, an English landscape park and an English-Chinese landscape park.
It should be a pleasant walk, so we`ll take a break from king`s political and military achievements to discuss i.e. how potatoes started their amazing career in Polish cuisine? Where and how the first café was opened on European continent? Or… what are the four stages of love?
You can combine this tour with:
How it works?
at a place convenient to you: your hotel, airport, train station etc.
car transfer to and from Wilanow
Car transfer to and from Wilanow
Entrance fee 25 zloty per person
If you like this tour, just drop me a message with your preferred date and time. Let me also know where are you staying in Warsaw and how many of you are coming