Daily Life in the Warsaw Ghetto – an Expert-level Tour
Other Jewish History and Heritage Tours
- Basic Jewish History and the Warsaw Ghetto Tour
- Jewish Cemetery at Okopowa Street
- The Ringelblum Archive: Tour in the Jewish Historical Institute
- Daily Life in the Warsaw Ghetto – an Expert-level Tour
- Polin Museum of the History of Polish Jews
- Zookeeper’s Wife – Tour of the Original Zabinskis’ Villa
The tour explores the southern section of the former ghetto, so called small ghetto, where we will find many remnants from that time. We will be looking for them in the labyrinth of courtyards, forgotten back alleys and non-existent streets.
It` is a more detailed, expert-level tour which focuses on different aspects of everyday life in the ghetto: culture, education, religious life, fashion, food smuggling, labor, economy, conspiracy etc.
It` is a tour about life of people cut off by a wall, whose livelihoods were taken and whose humanity was denied.
What were they capable of in order to preserve their humanity, while fighting for insufficient resources. How to stay human when you can only survive at the cost of other people’s lives?
We will be walking outside only.
You can combine this tour with:
How it works?
at a place convenient to you: your hotel, airport, train station etc.
Walking (ca. 5-6 kms)
If you like this tour, just drop me a message with your preferred date and time. Let me also know which transportation option do you choose, how many of you are coming and where are you staying in Warsaw.